Intelligent sensor technology for steel
tfs – tailormade functional steel
Capacitive touch sensors integrated directly on sheet steel enable new innovative products: Steel doors can be opened by touch and the occupancy status of shelves can be detected (implemented by Umdasch).
If used as a control element, this technology has the potential for innovative operating concepts and for improving the usability of devices.
Project partner und Photo: voestalpine AG
- Turning steel into an intelligent material
- Functionality directly in the component
- Freedom in appearance and function
- Capture data directly on the steel surface
- Different functions: Control element, load detection, surface heating, etc.
- Development of organic coating technology (JKU Institute for Microelectronics and Microsensors)
- Development of the capacitive evaluation electronics (LCM GmbH)
- Implementation of functional models (operating surfaces, shelves with occupancy recognition)