Your Place for Development
As an LCM employee, you will accompany exciting projects in the fields of mechatronics and digital product development from the initial idea to the finished prototype. LCM offers you the freedom to deepen your knowledge in the specialist areas and to work on large interdisciplinary projects. You will help shape your workplace according to your needs and talents, becoming part of our innovative community of researchers and developers. Together we contribute to the technological and economic advantage of Upper Austria and the entire DACH region.
Working at the Linz Center of Mechatronics
The Linz Center of Mechatronics GmbH is Austria’s No. 1 in mechatronics research and development. We operate internationally and are among the world leaders in this discipline. Our cooperation is characterised by an intensive and lively exchange, by appreciation and the professionalism of each individual. In everything we do, we strive for excellence, both professionally and in the way we work together.
Your varied field of work
- Work in industrial projects, research projects and EU projects in the field of process optimisation and robotics
- Development of concepts and optimisation by means of simulation
- Construction of prototypes
- Carrying out tests (in the laboratory and at the customer’s)
- Development of new topics in the field of modelling, simulation, automation (e.g. material crushing, piezo actuators, 3D simulation environments, use of digital twins, machine learning)
- Completed studies at a university of applied sciences/university in the field of mechatronics, automation technology
- Experience in the areas of simulation, modelling, control engineering, control technology
- Tools knowledge: Matlab/Simulink, Python, possibly ROS
- Basic knowledge of robot programming (ABB, KUKA,…), safety technology desirable
- Systematic, structured approach to finding solutions and documenting
- Interest, openness and high learning ability
- Communicative, enthusiastic, able to work in a team (also with external partners, nationally and in EU projects)
Our offer for your development
- Flexible working arrangements (home office, flexitime)
- Varied activities
- Excellent working atmosphere in the strong Smart Automation team
- Very good professional development opportunities
- Performance-based remuneration in line with the market from € 3,500 gross (full-time) depending on qualifications and experience
We are looking forward to your application!
Development Engineer Drive Systems (f/m/d)
The LINZ CENTER OF MECHATRONICS GMBH is Austria’s No. 1 in mechatronics research and development. We operate internationally and are among the world leaders in this discipline. We maintain an intensive and lively exchange, based on mutual appreciation and professionalism. In everything we do, we strive for excellence, both professionally and in our interactions.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE SUSTAINABILITY OF DRIVE SYSTEMS
In addition to the technical development of drive systems in a strong, experienced team, you will also support the initiation of international projects and actively cooperate with our partner network. In this role, you will combine LCM’s expertise in electric and hydraulic drive technology with the requirements of funding calls and the needs of potential project partners. We are looking for committed employees with a technical degree (or comparable qualification) and experience in the acquisition of internationally funded projects.
YOUR VARIED FIELD OF WORK
- Development of new sustainable drive systems in the electrical and hydraulic environment
- Survey of industry needs in the context of societal changes (green deal)
- Drawing up forward-looking project outlines together with LCM experts
- Networking with existing and potential new international partners
- Active participation in international project proposals
OUR OFFER FOR YOUR DEVELOPMENT
- Collegial: active communication and openness
- Flexible: flexitime model with home office option
- Low-bureaucracy: concentration on your professional tasks
- High-tech: new knowledge for future-oriented projects
- Fair: Gross salary from EUR 3,500 (37.5 hours/week), depending on qualifications and previous experience
We are looking forward to your application until July, 1st, 2023!
Development Engineer Electrical drive technology (f/m/d)
The Linz Center of Mechatronics GmbH is Austria’s No. 1 in mechatronics research and devel-opment. We operate internationally and are among the world leaders in this discipline.
Do you want to make a difference?
Then our team is the right place for you: in the area eDrives we deal with the design and op-timisation of electrical machines. Our diverse projects range from implantable hearing aids to ship propulsion systems. We develop our own software tool for this purpose which is con-stantly being expanded and improved.
Specifically, we are looking for committed employees with a degree in mechatronics, electri-cal engineering or comparable qualifications to strengthen our team.
Depending on your interests, we have areas of responsibility in the following fields
- Design and optimisation of motors, generators and electrical actuators
- Design of magnetic bearing systems
- Development of simulation methods and calculation models
We offer you an optimal environment for your individual development
- Collegial: Phenomenal team in which all doors are open to you for questions and new ideas
- Flexible: Flexitime model with home office option
- Low-bureaucracy: With us, you can concentrate entirely on technical development.
- High-tech: We don’t offer ‘off-the-shelf solutions’ – as an employee you will be involved in the development and application of the latest machine design methods.
- Gross salary from EUR 3,500 based on 40 hours per week, depending on qualifications and previous experience.
Announcement online since 20.03.2023
We are looking forward to your application!
Linz Center of Mechatronics GmbH is active in research and development. As a one-stop-shop, we deliver solutions that are precisely tailored to customer needs. Our services are based on mechatronics, an intelligent networking of information technology, mechanics and electronics. We are among the world leaders in these disciplines. Our customers are large international corporations as well as domestic medium-sized and small companies. In addition to excellent specialist knowledge, you also have a passion for innovation. You will work at the interface between science and business in a future-oriented company and support our project teams in solving complex mechatronic problems.
OUR EXPECTATIONS OF YOU:
- Completed studies at a university or FH (mechatronics, mechanical engineering, …)
- result-oriented and independent way of working
- Interest in interdisciplinary team work
- Creative thinking
- Fun with customer contact
- English language skills
- high degree of self-organisation
OUR OFFER FOR YOU:
- Demanding and varied work in an innovative, future-oriented company
- Great creative freedom
- Good professional training and development opportunities
- Flexible working hours and a pleasant working atmosphere
- Market-compliant, performance-oriented remuneration
We are looking forward to your application!
Staff retention in LCM is not a project, it is a culture that managers must constantly keep in mind and that demands ongoing development. It forms the basis for the positive development of the company and at the same time the basis for the enjoyment of work.
SCIENCE BECOMES YOU
In our short video you can see which values shape our everyday work, how we work and what opportunities we offer you. You’ll also see some of your future colleagues — maybe you’ll soon be working with one or two of them.
WITH US YOU EXPERIENCE…
- Flexitime 5:30 am to 08:00 pm
- Part-time models: 47 % of employees work part-time
- Working time oriented to life phases
- Continuing education
- Specialist career
- Salary development
- Paternity leave (95%)
- Certification Familie&Beruf
- Family party
- Low fluctuation (< 6%)
- Long-term employment (average length of service currently 8.5 years)
Sustainable Human Resources Management
Sustainable HR management is based on long-term (working) relationships. That’s why we focus on offering our employees flexible conditions and development opportunities that fit their individual life plans. The HRbert award was a wonderful opportunity for us to summarize and reflect on our successful measures. This award is special because, in addition to recognition by an external jury, it also increases the internal visibility and importance of HR work. This motivates and strengthens us for the further projects that lie ahead!
Positive working conditions
We create framework conditions that sustainably promote health, avoid permanent stress and enable enjoyment at work. Long-term employment relationships are a central element of our corporate culture.
As a certified company, we offer our employees flexible working models that take into account different life phases. Part-time work, paternity leave, educational leave and sabbaticals are some of these offers.
Through targeted further training opportunities, we take into account individual skills as well as the requirements of the market, the clientele and the future.
In order to give all employees the same opportunities for development, we promote individual freedom, trust-based leadership and cooperation without prejudice.
We support innovation by providing resources for research and freedom for thought processes. Internal exchange formats enable cross-disciplinary collaboration.