Automatic Coil Winding
Application and End-Of-Arm Tool Development
The demands on modern electric motors, such as higher energy densities or speeds, are constantly increasing and the manufacture of the coil winding is becoming more and more complex.
The use of collaborative robots (cobots) in industrial applications is becoming increasingly important. In this example, an automated creation of a customized coil winding using a cobot is presented. The robot tool (end of arm tool) to guide and strip the wire was developed and manufactured by LCM.
Methods and Technology
- Automatic Robot Program Generation (integrated in SyMSpace workflow)
- Process Optimization via Virtual Commissioning
- Prototyping and Testing in the Lab
Results and Benefits for Customers
- Virtual and real tested Processes and Tools
- Automatic Workflows for fast Adaptability