Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Communication
Machine-to-machine (M2M) communication allows process-relevant information to be exchanged between connected machines. This also enables the forwarding of error states. Consequential damage can thus be avoided through the targeted shutdown of machine components or a reduction in power.
LCM has developed an M2M communication solution with RubbleMaster, the leading manufacturer of mobile machines for rock processing, in order to cross-link individual machines into a machine network. Through M2M networking, the individual machines can plan energy use in advance and thus be used in a more climate-friendly manner.
Project Partner and Photo: RubbleMaster GmbH
- Establishment of a network connection between machines (wired and wireless)
- Modular design of hardware and software components
- Exchange of telemetry data and control commands between machines
- Configuration interface for adapting the network infrastructure in the machine group
- Modularity and flexibility through reusable software libraries and microservices
- Implementation of the “Smart Error Stop” feature: cross-machine error response for M2M-networked machines