Autonomous Handling System for Top-hat Furnaces
Integration of an overall concept
Top-hat furnaces consist of a workbase, a protective hood (hydrogen atmosphere) and a heating/cooling hood. This setting is conventionally manipulated with great effort and skill using a hand-operated overhead crane. This is both time consuming and causes higher operating costs in the factory hall.
Therefore, LCM has developed an autonomous handling system that automatically assembles the necessary configuration. Such a system can be operated 24/7 without the need for personnel.
Project partner: Ebner
- Integration of an overall concept for top-hat furnaces with a fully automatic coil manipulation and stack formation system
- The plant can be operated without direct supervision
- Buffering of multiple batch stacks
- In simple hall constructions without hall crane
- Implementation of larger charging heights
- Reduction of operating personnel
- Reduction of downtimes by half
- Increase of work safety due to the automatic operation