MoSS – A Smart Rolling Bearing
Condition Monitoring to prevent overheating
LCM developed a technology with NKE Bearings that enables the detection of overheating in rolling bearings. The Modular Sensor System (MOSS) can be retrofitted and allows real-time data such as temperature and speed of the bearings to be transferred wirelessly out of the bearing to be further analysed. Companies can thus detect faults earlier, perform predictive maintenance or optimise warranty monitoring of machines.
Project partner: NKE Bearings
- Recording of measured values directly on the rolling bearing
- Easy to retrofit to existing rolling bearings
- Operating temperature up to 120°C
- No signal or power cables
- Highly robust sensor system in ring form
- Pre-processing of the sensor data on the electronics
- Transmission of sensor data via Bluetooth
- Autonomous and maintenance-free energy supply through energy harvesting
- Signal relay for bridging metallic encapsulations
- Online monitoring of operating parameters incl. notification by phone call, e-mail, SMS, etc.